Before registering a name, please review the rules in About the Registry
When registering a name:
- Do not register multiple names for a single app.
Aim for simplicity and obviousness.
- This will confuse developers and adversely affect the consumption of your app.
- Consumers will never see these names, they are code-level references to your app on embedded devices. There is no brand value in over-registering names or registering names for which you don't actually have a corresponding app.
If you have registered a prefix, use it here:
- These are code-level references to your app on embedded devices. Customers will never see these names, only developers.
- To the extent possible, your DIAL app name should match the market name of your app.
Only register names for existing first screen (TV/STB) apps.
- If you have registered a prefix, you should prepend it to your app names here. If you registered, com.acme prefix, your app names should be of the form: com.acme.acmeApp
- If you want to reserve a future name, register a prefix instead of registering an app, then register the app name (with the prefix) when the app is ready.